Skip to content
Year of the Water Rabbit Goals
- Encourage and support Shambhalians to engage in individual and community environmental actions.
- Partner with like-minded organizations, such as GreenFaith, including the potential of co-creating and leading events/programs.
- Facilitate events that continue to serve the community, such as: Earth Salon, Planet A Book & Movie Club, Holding Grief with an Open Heart, Climate Cafe, Global Equinox Lhasangs.
- Foster the outdoor elemental connections and perceptions throughout Shambhala culture, particularly focusing on Nyida Days and including families and children.
- Work with Drala Mountain Center, Karmê Chöling, Sky Lake and Dorje Khyung Dzong to deliver Bess Foundation grant outcomes, landing Ecodharma at the heart of Shambhala.
- Build support and relationships with Dorje Denma Ling, Dechen Chöling and Casa Werma.
- Continue fundraising/membership drive, building valued relationships with major donors.
- Create travel offset donation scheme for land center attendees.
Growing the Collective
- Increase STEC visibility, including outreach to European City Centers.
Practice & Education
- Work with senior teachers to identify specific Shambhala teachings that are relevant to the plight of and love for the Earth.
- Embed Earth Warriorship within the Way of Shambhala.
- Develop a Touching the Earth Camp with a land center.
- Work with Sun Camp leadership to embed Earth Warriorship.
- Create new easily navigable and updateable website which is easily accessible through shambhala.org and shambhalaonline.org.
- Continue to use the google group, the newsletter and other forms of social media to build awareness and share information.